Sunday, March 27, 2011

You Learn Something New

So, I'll be damned. There actually is a proper term for someone who eats like I do. It's not vegetarian. I'm what's known as a pescetarian... it means I still eat fish, but nothing else. See: My first entry on the stuff I still eat.

This is good to know, as I've been mistakenly referring to my diet as vegetarian.

Although I'm technically a pescetarian, my diet is typically vegetarian, as fish is not an every day thing. I'm not trying to defend myself, I'm more intrigued by the sudden revelation. It's good to know that there is a specific term for it, rather than trying to explain 'vegetarian with occasional fish.'

The downfall? It doesn't make eating around other people any easier. Whenever someone wants to make ground beef tacos, I still have to use the fake stuff or go for some sort of seafood. If I want chicken, same thing. I'm getting the hang of it at least, and I'm finding I really don't miss the stuff I gave up (except, on occasion, when I smell fried chicken).

No comments:

Post a Comment