Saturday, February 26, 2011

Mmm. Squishy.

I've eaten quite a few of these in the last few days, but I figured today I would talk about the "Don Lee Farms" veggie burgers.

So, we got these things from Costco in bulk. I wanted something other than Morning Star or Boca (or Garden) burgers, which (if you're not careful) are somewhat like cardboard discs. (Boca usually have the best tasting, but I dislike the texture.)

Every ingredient is pretty easy to understand; carrots, celery, wheat flour, sunflower seeds, oil, etc. They're completely different than the other brands, as they're not frozen and they have a 'squishy' texture, compared to the somewhat dryer Boca or Morning Star burgers. Personally, I prefer this personally, but not everyone will.

I've thrown some fake bacon on them with some honey mustard, eaten them plain. They're just generally good burgers.

Pros: Good flavor, filled with ingredients you can actually pronounce and understand, crisps easily in the frying pan
Cons: Texture takes a little getting used to, not very gluten friendly (made with wheat flour)
Final Review: These are quite possibly the best veggie burgers I've had. Although the texture is a little unique, they have the best flavor and you can taste every ingredient (like the carrots and celery). If you want to try a veggie burger, this would be the one I suggest (if you can handle the softer texture).

No comments:

Post a Comment